P. D. C.
Planetary Defense Corps (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://grou.ps/pdc/talks">http://grou.ps/pdc/talks</a><!-- m -->)
"Let them come...."
- Ok, so what sets PDC out from the dozens of other merc corps that are starting prior to the launch of DUST 514?
- I have played EVE online (ccp) for almost 2 years (KTR92 ingame, Clonakilty92 is xbox live), in my carrier, i have lead many corperations with great success. I believe in the individual's ability to achieve greatness, and that teamwork, will allow individuals to achieve their goals. For the most part, i play the industrialist in EVE online (logistics, manufacturing, R&D, etc). Through over 1 year as CEO of corps, i have effectively lead by listening to member input, and having a flexible corporate structure. I have also gained a vast amount of experience in dealing with large alliance's to work out business and political standing deals, as well as avoiding open war.
I intend to bring these qualities to DUST. PDC will be a mercenary corporation aimed at quality, not quantity. Teaching newer players the fundamentals of modern military tactics, and bringing together a community of gamers that although will be focused on DUST, will span multiple games.
PDC will be logistically supported by KTR92's industrial power. Although details are still unknown, i am sure EVE will be allowed to manufacture guns, ammo, tanks, etc for the DUST corporations. KTR92 will also serve as PDC's EVE diplomat.
Soldiers in PDC will of course receive payment, as that is the nature of a mercenary structure, more details will be released about payment as mor einfo comes out about how DUST and contracts will work. However i can say, that PDC will only keep a very small portion of the contract money for matinence and expansion, the rest will be split among members by combat effectiveness (how well you performed in the time of the contract, kills, deaths, etc).
A ranking system will of course be established! We will use the US Marine rank layout for our military.
Just because i run the logistical and political aspect of PDC doesnt mean i will command our forces. Those who are best and prove themselves in battle and in time will command the forces of PDC. In no way is this a dictatorship, within 90 days of DUST's launch, i will have formed a council of PDC pilots who will democratically govern the corps.
- If you play EVE great, but it is not a requirement.
- Must have FPS experience (gears of war counts, even though its technically 3rd person)
- Xbox or Ps3, as long as you crave the fight!
- US timezone preferred
- By all means post questions!
- You can look me up on Xbox live, Clonakilty92, if you wish to join simply friend me and we'll play some games together!
games i play on live: (Gears, Cod5, Cod4, Halo3, End War)
Join PDC today and not only learn about modern military tactics and prepare for all out war in DUST, but have fun doing it!